Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Grilled Stuffed Portabello Mushroom!



For those of you that are still in "warm weather" mode even after outdoor temps have cooled off...here is a recipe for you from Weber's Big Book of Grilling!

Ingredients:
2 slices bacon
4 large portabello mushrooms
olive oil
1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh italian parsley
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese

Remove and discard stems and gills from the mushrooms. Wipe clean and brush both sides with olive oil. Set top side down on a platter.
In a large pan over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Crumble and set aside. Add onion and red pepper to the bacon fat and cook for 6-8 minutes. Add garlic for 1 minute. Then add the bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir to blend and remove from heat. Add the bacon and cheese. Mix well and put stuffing in the mushroom caps. Grill the stuffed mushrooms over INDIRECT (or they will burn to a crisp!) high heat until soft and lightly browned. About 8-10 minutes.
Serves 4

ENJOY!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

awww yummo, looks and sounds the same as how I do mine!

Becky B. said...

YUMMMM!! Mike and I loooove mushrooms! This dish looks fantastic!

Dawnll said...

Oh yum, I love mushrooms and BACON is a sure hit with me

Lorraine said...

OH STOP IT I NEED FOOD NOW LOL DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING TO ME I THINK I MUST HAVE GAINED SERIOUS WEIGHT DUE TO YOUR POSTS AM I BLAMEING YOU WELL-OF COURSE I AM HAHAHA XX