Monday, August 29, 2011

What We Bought.....

Some of you had some good guesses on what we bought. Even though it was an antique store they still sell newer items...some are even brand new. I'm not sure how old the item is we bought but it definately isn't vintage as it is in great condition! Here is that item that we HAD to buy!! An All American 941 Pressure Canner! :)



This thing is HUGE! The jar in front is a pint to give you a reference. It has two racks so you can have three tiers of jars....it holds 19 quart jars!! This brand is the best of the best here in the USA and retail you pay a pretty penny of 450 dollars!! Yep, you read that right....450 DOLLARS!! We only paid 70 bucks for this bad boy! I was so excited...it felt like an episode of American Pickers! LOL! So next year "WE" (hubby wants to can also!) will probably be canning anything and everything we can get our hands on! LOL!

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

OH WOWSERS GIRL!!!

At first when I was the thumbail in my feed I thought it was one of those huge deep fryers, I thought you were going to deep fry yourself a huge turkey like I saw once on an American TV show! :-P lol

But this is awesome, how very cool!!! Can't wait to see all the things you will do with this 'bad boy'! =D

Becky B. said...

WOW!! What a fantastic find...and better yet you got it for a song!! :)

Christina Hicks said...

Lol Annmaree I thought it was an ice cream maker. This is better. I have always wanted to can. Cant believe you got this so cheap! I love American Pickers. Hey do you know they are making a museum of their finds in Nashville?

Curt in Indy said...

You are right, this is a bad boy! What a bargain. Can't wait till you start to use it to see what you start canning! Best, Curt

Payne Holler Cards said...

yikes! not that's a serious canner...dont have time to do it anymore and such miss all the good stuff I used to can! plus great way for you and DH to spend time (-:

Michelle H. said...

Amazing find and bargain!!
You go girl!!
Can't wait to see what you make!!

Dawnll said...

I miss canning- that was so nice to have great food during the winter months.
My pressure cooker wasn't that big!

Merry said...

Hmmm..you should have some fun with that.