Monday, June 13, 2011

Pulley Card!

My mom asked me to make a graduation card for the next door neighbor so once again I used the school colors AND I went outside of my comfort zone this time and decided to venture out and make something different....a pulley card! I saw the idea over on my blogging pal Curt's blog. It was sooooooo fun to make and the recipient and her friends thought it was cool! :)




The silver dots are those viva decor pens again...LOVE THEM!
The ribbon is a rub-on by American Crafts.
The chipboard is from the Basic Grey "Obsure" pack (I have a tip I'm going to share below under challenges about that item) and I covered it with crackle paint.
Added a few dew drops.........and I bet your wondering how I did her name right?
Well, I used this awesome new metal stamp set by Melody Ross that I won from my blogging pal Dawn. All I had to do was spritz the chipboard with water, align the punch where I wanted it and tapped it with a hammer! I think your supposed to use a rubber mallet but I only have a hammer and I figured you can't hurt metal! Then I colored in the letters with a black marker! Doesn't it have a neat effect?! I just fell in love with it! *thanks again Dawn!*

Challenges:
Stamp Something - Punched (chipboard, rounded corners on pieces that pull out, ribbon hole)
Stamptacular Sunday - Dads OR Grads...you must use a stamp (I used a metal stamp and also the word "congrats" is a clear stamp)
Top Tip Tuesday - More than 1 fold
I also have a TIP! If you don't have the exact shape of chipboard you need try looking for something similar and changing it up. For example, the chipboard piece I used was actually a surfboard!! I just used my corner rounder and nipped off each end until it was the same on both ends! :)

Edited: I was too late for Top Tip Tuesday but I will leave this up so everyone can read the tip!

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

WHOA VERY Cool, love that embossing effect with the name, too cool!!!

Love the paper and colours, great fold of card too!

Becky B. said...

This is waaaaay cool! You've added some amazing details to this and the name tag is fab!

Merry said...

OH Wow...this is something I will have to try. So love the little dog image when it pops out.

Unknown said...

Nice card.. Love the dog ;)

Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge this week!

Tine

Céline said...

beautifull card!
thanks for sharing with us at stamptacular sunday
hugs
céline SSC DT