Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mother's Day

As promised here are some pics of my weekend getaway over Mother's Day weekend with my mom and sister.

This is our cabin at Brown County State Park.

This is one of the overlooks....so pretty!!

We ran into some high water in the area....can you believe it?! On the other side of the main road water was up to almost the top of a telephone poll! There were several roads like this and some people had canoes so they could park at the end of the road and canoe home! I couldn't imagine!

Here we are at one of the local wineries (Oliver Winery)...such a beautiful place! They have flowers, some stone scultures that look like stonehenge (you can see one in the background) and even a picnic area out back! They sell cheese, crackers, sausage, etc. so you could go for a meal or snack! It ended up being graduation weekend also so places were crazy busy so needless to say we did our tasting...bought our wine and booked it out of there for our dinner reservation!

Mom and I loosening up our muscles in the hot jacuzzi...I love those things!!

Our cute matching butterfly socks! Thought it made an interesting picture! :)
Can you guess which feet belong to which person?? LOL!

A wild turkey...this one is a male also called a Tom. It was the best pic I could take as the turkey was starting to run pretty quick!

In front of where we had Mother's Day brunch.

A nest of baby birdies spotted while shopping in town.

The next two pics are crafty goodies I bought on sale during National Scrapbook Day! Underneath the map in the first picture there are two clear packs of Prima paper. If you spend a certain amount you get to pick something out of a box and I got to pick two things. I was NOT walking away from that gorgeous Prima paper....24 double sided sheets FREE!


In town there was a local leather shop where they hand make items and they had these bags of scrap leather for sale so I had to snag the one that had all the pretty colors! Then in one of the baskets there was only one grab bag of hardware so I picked it up too and I couldn't believe some of the pieces! Some are very intricate...hopefully you can click the pic to enlarge and you can see them. Some are just plain but I still think they will come in handy for something crafty!


Well, I better stop there....don't want to bore you too bad with all my pictures! I get a bit carried away at times.
Hope you enjoyed looking at my travels!

-Stacie

9 Comments:

Dawnll said...

What wonderful pictures to share- you and your sister look like your mom.
You will have to scrap book these pictures sweetie.
I am so jealous of you getting Prima paper
Hope you come and join my de-stash swap going on now

blessings to you, Dawn ll

Anonymous said...

OH WOW, Gorgeous looking scenery, and a faulous time you all had, I LOVE the pictures of you and your mum and sis, they are screaming to be scrapped!!! hehe

and I LOOOOVE THOSE SOCKS, I WANT SOME LOL!!!

Seriously awesome time you had, and great crafty buys WOOHOO!

Way to go doll!!!

Michelle H. said...

Whoa, Girl!! Look at all those Scrapbooking shopping items!! You found some amazing goodies!!
What a steal free Prima paper!!
OMG!! Love that leather scraps baggie that is a lucky find!!
Love the cabinn you all stayed in and all the pictures are so beautiful!
Love the bird & tom!!
Love the socks that is so fun!!
Hope your having a wonderful week!!

Becky B. said...

What a wonderful little cabin and gorgeous scenery!! LOVE IT! Looks like you, your mom & sis had a fantastic time...also you scored BIG on the scrapbooking and leather goodies!! WOOHOO!

Merry said...

Everything looks so amazing and what a fantastic weekend to just be the girls. Love the cabin and the view, visiting a winery....so nice and craft sale to boot. I just have to guess........ I am guessing that they are your feet directly at front, your Mum to the right and sister to the left. :-) Can't resist a challenge.

Kirei na Kami said...

Oooooo...it looks like all of you had a wonderfully relaxing Mother's Day getaway...and, man did you ever rack up on some crafty goodness!!! I look forward to seeing the projects you create with the leather scraps and the metal trinkets!!! I bet they're gonna be fabulous!!!

I also wanted to thank you for the comment you left on my blog..."Gathering Love" is one of my faves from the upcoming Carmen Medlin "Natural Beauty Collection" for SCACD too...then again, I have fallen in love with them all!! Good luck with the blog candy!! Hope you will be joining us in tomorrow's blog hop...we'll be introducing 2 more stamps in this fab, new collection!!! I wonder if you'll have a new fave after the hop...hmmmm...

Hugs!!!
Carolyn

Payne Holler Cards said...

thoroughly enjoyed your post - what a beautiful view!! you three were having a wonderful time - perfect Mothers Day....and your craft haul is awesome (-: but the SOCKS! what a hoot! love 'em!!!

Michelle H. said...

Stacie, so glad your trip went well and all of you had an awesome time!!
I will email you on Sat. still have a couple more questions about your challenge!!

Michelle H. said...

Love all the pictures!!
I'm not sure if my last post made it 2 minutes ago?
I just want to make sure I understand the no no challenge?
I can submit anything as long as it has no embossing?
When is the deadline for the challenge?
Have a wonderful day!