Sunday, April 10, 2011

Smile Book Box

This is a box I made for Jeanne along with a set of thank you cards which I will show at a later date. She proudly displays this box in her living room filled with the lovely items you all sent to cheer her up!! While I'm talking about Jeanne I should give you an update. She is halfway through her chemo treatments (she needs 4 total and just completed the second round) and is doing very well. The first week and a half after a treatment is a bit rough but then she said she feels pretty good. She is staying extremely positive and she continues to thank each and every one of you for your support! You have no idea how much the items you sent mean to her!! :) She did lose all her hair before the second treatment but she was prepared for that as they told her it would definately happen. When I first saw her bald head I couldn't believe how perfectly round it was and no moles or anything...I actually thought she looked really good!! So I told her atleast she has a great looking head for being bald!!





Challenges:
A Spoonfull of Sugar - Atleast 2 different textures
Allsorts - Anything but square
Crafty Calendar - Flowers
Creative Inspirations - Punches/Dies (flower, leaves and letters)
Fab N' Funky - Shabby Chic (This is one that I'm always confused on so hopefully it is a shabby chic style...if not please would someone tell me!)
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Anything but a card
Stamp Something - Circles
TMITA - Flowers

10 Comments:

Anonymous said...

OH I love this box idea, so great!!!

So glad to hear your Aunt is staying positive and happy.

I certainly wouldn't do well bald, I have lumps and bumps! hehe!

Dawnll said...

I am so happy that she is doing well- I would love to send another card for her- could you forward her address again?
Can't believe I misplaced the envelope from her.
Let her know I am sending positive thoughts.

Michelle H. said...

Gorgeous box!!
What a precious thing to do for her and a fun way for her to keep her cards!!
Thanks so much for the update!! I was wondering how she was doing!!
Have a blessed day!!

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah Stacie this is a nice idea. I'm happy to hear that Aunty Jeanne is taking it all so well; I had the sweetest card from her. Tell her please that it wasn't necessary but such a thrill!

Nancy said...

I'm glad your friend's doing well with her chemo! And what a sweet gift you've made for her!

Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

Aunty Sue said...

lovely box and thanks for sharing with Creative inspirations this week

Katy said...

What a lovely idea and such a pretty box for her keepsakes. Best wishes to your friend and thank you for shairing this darling project. Thanks for joining in at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge. Hugs. Katy. xxx

Fleur said...

A gorgeous box, such a fab idea
Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Mona Evy said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Challenge!

lynne said...

What a gorgeous box and such a lovely gift! Its just perfect for keeping all those special keepsakes.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calender this month!

Lynne x