Monday, April 25, 2011

Church Candle


Stamp is from CowTown Stamps

I have been wanting to try stamping on tissue paper and transferring it to a candle for a long time. I finally had the perfect opportunity to try it out as my mom got accepted into the Catholic church this weekend. I made this as a little congratulations gift. Your not supposed to burn candles with tissue paper so I already had it burned down just enough to fit a tea light so she can still use it if she wants! :)

Challenges:
Cute Card Thursday - No Text
Delicious Doodles - Anything Goes

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

OH WOW, Such a cool idea!!!

You did awesome, wana try that too!

Way to go!

Michelle H. said...

Very pretty!!
What a fun and beautiful gift!!
So unique!!
I have only tried paper on candles!!
What a fun idea!!

kelly ledder said...

Lovely idea and the candle is lovely x

Deb said...

Beautiful candle! Fabulous image!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Happy Crafting, Debx

Dawnll said...

Such a beautiful idea to make one for your mom.
I also have not tried this yet
Congrats to your mom also.
blessings to you, Dawn ll

Becky B. said...

I love it! I have always wanted to try this technique, but just never have. I'm sure that your mom loved the candle too! :)

Merry said...

What a beautiful gift idea Stacie...the candle has turned out lovely. Not sure if it is the right word but....congrats to your Mum. :-)