Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tasty Tuesday!



Lately my hubby and I have been making fresh homemade pasta about once a week using the pasta machine he got me for Christmas. I gotta say it is alot of fun and tastes sooooooo much better than store bought but maybe I am biased considering we are the ones making it?!

This is homemade fettucine with olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar and nuts

Recipe:
1 pound of long thin pasta (homemade OR store bought)
4 medium garlic cloves (chopped) diluted with 1 teaspoon of water
1/3 cup EVOO
Salt
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Ground black pepper
3/4 cup finely chopped nuts (any variety)

In a skillet heat the oil, nuts, diluted garlic and 1 teaspoon of salt on low. Cook slowly until the garlic is golden, about 3 minutes. Be careful not to burn the garlic or your dish will be bitter! Remove from heat.

Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and the pasta. Cool until al dente. Drain and then add them back into the pot. Toss with oil mixture, cheese and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!

3 Comments:

Merry said...

Shame we don't live closer...this looks so yummy. Never tried making pasta myself.

KC said...

this sounds so yummy! we have a pasta machine too...I'll have to give this a go!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmm yum!