Thursday, March 10, 2011

Glitterbabe Showcase and Jeanne Update

First off I wanna show you this beautiful digi image called "Easter Lily" created by Stef (Glitterbabe)! I just love the pastel colors with this Spring flower and you can find this digi in the new shop by clicking HERE!


Sentiment is from Lawn Fawn

Challenges:
ABC DT Challenge - Happy Birthday
Aud Sentiments - Birthday
Crafty Calendar - Spring
For Fun - Spring
OTWC #48 - Color Inspiration (pink, green and yellow)

Simon Says - Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday - Birthday


Now for an update on Jeanne! My hubby and I went to visit her Monday evening and took her a handmade fabric purse my mom made with a cute chicken and sunflower print, 30 cards + 7 postcards + 1 prayer book from all you lovely crafters!!! I also made her a handmade keepsake box which I will show you at a later date. She was so over the moon with everything and yes there were even some tears of happiness shed. She expresses her gratitude to each and every one of you!!! She couldn't believe that people from all over the world were thinking of her and praying for her wellness....you absolutely have no idea how much this has meant to her! So please know you have done a WONDERFUL thing and Jeanne and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts! BIG BIG BIG HUGS!!!!

Now for the medical stuff....she had her port put in last week and she went yesterday for her first chemo treatment. She is in great spirits and so far doing well....just really tired. But they said the full effects won't hit her til this weekend. Since her lymph nodes were clear she will only need 4 rounds of chemo....once every 3 weeks. But no radiation afterwards!!! They said within two weeks she should expect all of her hair to fall out. As for the other symptoms....it just depends on the person so we will have to wait and see. She did say yesterday morning food tasted normal but immediately after her first treatment when she got home she had a snack and it tasted like metal. Crazy how that stuff hits your system so fast but I pray it does what it is supposed to do!

Oh....here is a good story to tell you what type of person Jeanne is....so like I said we took her all that stuff on Monday. I worked Tuesday and when I got home I had a phone message and a card in the front door. She had went out and bought a BEAUTIFUL basket of flowers for us just to say thank you for everything we had done!! She is just the most thoughtful lady imagineable! Anyways....after her chemo yesterday she called just to make sure I got them okay because she was scared silly that we didn't get home til late and maybe they had frozen because she left them in our truck outside since nobody was home!! Here a lady is fighting cancer and she is worried about "thank you" flowers freezing!!! She sure is something special isn't she?!

I will leave you with that for tonight. This post is a bit early (I said in my last post I would do this tomorrow) but I won't have much time to be on the computer tomorrow. It is getting late so I will still announce the candy winner tomorrow with some updated pictures of a few donations. Sorry I didn't update sooner but better late than never right?

Hugs!
-Stacie

17 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Easter Lilly Card, and awesome post too!!!

So great to hear about Aunt Jeanne, so glad she loved the gifties, more to come!

Wishing her all the best with Chemo, and hope she doesn't get many ill-affects!

Thanks for sharing!

KC said...

thanks for the update...this is so touching she is such an amazing lady! I can't believe she would worry like that...that is just so cool! be sure to tell her we still pray for her and wish her well...I hope all goes well...and you are great for doing this for her!

Julia Dunnit said...

Time in international blog world means nothing - better late than never for sure - for you it might be late, for me it seems early! So happy that Jeanne is up for the fight and that a few bits of card expressing our solidarity has cheered her. You are a lovely neice....I expect she tells you that!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Your card is so pretty and makes me long for Spring! Thanks for joining us in the ABC Happy Birthday challenge!

Cards By MI said...

Very very sweet. Love your image. Fabby looking card. Thanks for joining us over at For Fun this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Dawnll said...

Your card is beautiful sweetie- I also love the pastel colors.
I am so glad you received so many cards for Jeannie. Most important that she was thrilled to receive.
I am sending all my positive thoughts and prayers that the next few weeks go by gently...she so deserves that.

Audrey said...

What a beautiful card. I love those flowers.
Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Merry said...

Such a great post Stacie....and Jeannie...sounds like an amazing lady. My thoughts are with her and hoping she comes through the chemo without too many side effects. Beautiful card too Stacie...so nice to see a card. :-)

Lori said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us for this weeks challenge at ABC DT Birthday Challenge.

Becky B. said...

Chemo is a tough road to go down, so please know that I'll be lifting Jeanne up in my prayers! The "metal taste" thing is exactly what my mom had when she went through her chemo treatments - weird, eh? About the only thing that tasted good to her were iced mochas from McDonalds, so hopefully Jeanne will discover at least one thing that will soothe her taste buds while she's going through chemo. :)

sallysbitz2 said...

Glad to here Jeanne is doing well & that she loved all her cards & postcards x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

sallysbitz2 said...

OOPS !!!

Your card is beautiful, love the layout x

Thanks for joining us @ For Fun Challenges.

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Rufus said...

Glad that all the cards made her happy. Hope that things go well for her and it's not to terrible an ordeal. I guess the metallic taste is just part of it. Hopefully she can find something that still tastes good.
R/

Christine said...

Lovely card!! Flowers are some of my favorite images. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Great card. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday this week.

Hugs
Heike

Cor* said...

Wow, thanks so much for the update. Some people are amazing and Aunt Jeanne is one of them! Such a sweety worried about those thank you flowers! Hopefully her effects of the chemo aren't too bad.

Jaclyn Miller said...

What a cute springy card! Thanks for playing along at OTWC.