Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Without Red And Green?!


Digi image is "Country Tree" from Glitterbabe's Art
Sentiment is from Lawn Fawn (Bows and Holly)

Today we have a new challenge over at Glitterbabe's and when I first saw we had to make something Christmas related without red or green I panicked! I mean what is Christmas without those colors right? Well, let me tell you I am so grateful for that challenge because it really opened up my eyes to all the non-traditional beautiful colors that can be used at Christmas time! I chose purple, pink and yellow as my non-traditional colors. What do you think?
Of course when you do this challenge don't forget the sparkly stuff...that is a must!
You can go directly to the challenge by clicking
HERE!

Our sponsor this week is Pizzazz Aplenty and she is offering up a great selection of embellishments! You can see the entire list of what is being offered as a prize over at the Glitterbabe Challenge Blog. Now I gotta brag on this company a bit because the customer service is fantastic!! The owner, Judy, was quick at responding to my e-mails and she even sent loads of freebies! Freebies for ordering over $15, freebies of new stuff she just got in the day I bought by stuff, and even MORE freebies as a Glitterbabe special! WOW WOW WOW!! I was amazed! She was even nice enough to double check to make sure I got everything...so sweet! :) My ordered shipped next day and because of the holiday it didn't arrive for two days but I still couldn't believe it was that fast! Her prices are great and shipping is very minimal and with all the freebies it made up for shipping costs! So yeah, I HIGHLY recommend this store!!! :) All the rhinestones I used on my card are from this store and I used a wonderful product called the gel picker to help grab the small rhinestones and it worked like a charm! Never could I have done that with my fingers so thanks Judy...your a real gem! :)

Now for the challenges:
EBTKS - Texture
A Spoonfull Of Sugar - Christmas card
Top Tip Tuesday - Use ribbon
Mojo Monday - Sketch
Delicious Doodles - Use a digi
ABC DT Challenge Blog - No traditional Christmas colors
Whoopsi Daisy - Ribbon/bow
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Holiday greeting
Lollipop Crafts - Winter
Digital Tuesday - Baby It's Cold Outside (plus digi)
Simon Says - Christmas but no red/green
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge - Christmas
Aud Sentiments - Happy Holidays
Stamping Vacation For Your Amusement - En "joy" your holiday
Stamping Vacation Watch This - It's a wonderful life
Stamping Vacation Occasion Oasis - Christmas morning
Stamping Vacation Special Month - Family holiday

29 Comments:

craftieodmae said...

this is so pretty! I made a few pink cards, so see, doesn't have to be red or green hehe.

Julie Foote said...

Very Nice Card, thanks for joining the ABC DT Challenge. ~Julie

Dawnll said...

I am like you about color but so enjoy when I try a new combo- this is a great one!
Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday also.

Cheryl said...

Cute! I love the non-traditional colors you used.

Crystal said...

Oh WOW what GREAT colors for Christmas, love this!

Myrna said...

Stacie
thanks for posting a great different colored card. gave me courage to finish my non traditional colored card. will post it sometime in the future.
Myrna

Rleen said...

This is beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at the Whoopsi Daisy challenge this week!
Hugs, Rleen

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Fab card. Thanks for joining us over at Delicious Doodles Challenge.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a bright, fabulous card. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Anonymous said...

OH I LOVE THIS!!!

The purple is totally awesome, love the image too, and the sparkle and bling!

You rocked this!!!!!!!

Courtney said...

Super cute Stacie! I have a hard time wrapping my head around a Christmas Card with no Red and Green, but you have done it perfectly!! Thanks for joining us at Penny's. Good Luck and Merry Christmas!!

Courtney~

uksharon said...

Lovely modern Christmas card.
Thanks for joining us at DT this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Nancy Wethington said...

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge Blog!

Becky B. said...

What a fun color combo for a Christmas card - very cute! I love the button accents on the tree...nice touch!

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Oh how cute! Love this little button tree, it's just adorable. Great use of ribbon and bows too. Thanks so much for playing at WHOOPSI DAISY challenge this week:)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) the tree is fab , love the button 'baubles' and the colours are lovely :-)

thanks for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Cute card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at TTT. :)

Judy said...

Stacie, that tree with the buttons is too cute!
Thanks for a great use of the embellies, and for the kind words!!
Judy

Terry said...

Thank you for joining us, we are really pleased that you joined the Designteam for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge,Thank you and hope you wil have a fab weekend. Love your colorfull card. Hugs Terry xxxx

Winter said...

Cute card! Thanks so much for joining us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

Michelle H. said...

Love the colors on this card!!
This card is so pretty!!
Love the buttons on the card!!
Your getting close to the quessing!!
Hugs!!

Audrey said...

Super cute! I love the buttons on the tree. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Julie said...

Great color combo. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Hugs,
julie

Dragonlady said...

What a beautiful card, thanks for sharing at Aud Sentiments.

hugs Ali x

Julie Foote said...

Great Card. Thanks for joining the ABC DT Challenge at ABC Toys and Crafts.

~Julie

Jacilynn said...

Love these sweet buttons! great card. Thanks for joining us at ABC Toys & Crafts!
Jacilynn

Justine said...

love the non traditional color combo that you used

Ruthie said...

Hey Stacie - love that colour!!!

Thanks for joining in the fun at Aud Sentiments

Rx

Sande said...

Lovely work!

Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy! Happy New Year!

Hugs, Sande