Sunday, October 3, 2010

More new recipes!!

Wanted to share two new recipes I tried out on my family a few nights ago....everyone really liked them. Even my hubby who doesn't care for stuffing liked this recipe!! :)


The above recipe is called "Peach-Glazed Pork Roast with Corn Bread Stuffing" and it is from my Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook.

Ingredients:
Non-stick spray
1 single boneless pork top loin (about 2 - 2.5 pounds)
salt
ground black pepper
1 T. cooking oil
4 C. corn bread stuffing mix
3/4 C. reduced sodium chicken broth
1/2 C. mixed dried fruit bits
1/4 C. chopped onion
1/2 C. peach spreadable fruit
1 t. finely shredded lemon peel (I used dried grated orange peel)
1/4 t. ground cinnamon

1. Lightly coat a 4 quart slow cooker with non-stick spray. Trim fat from meat. If necessary cut meat to fit in slow cooker. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper. In a large skillet brown meat on all sides in hot oil. Drain off fat and set aside.

2. In a large bowl toss together stuffing mix, broth, dried fruit, and onion. Place stuffing mixture in slow cooker. Add meat. In a small bowl stir together the peach spreadable fruit, lemon or orange peel, and cinnamon. Spread over meat in cooker.

3. Cover and cook on low heat for about 5-6 hours OR on high heat for about 2.5 - 3 hours.

4. Remove meat from cooker and slice. Stir stuffing and serve!

Serves 8




And this yummy dessert is called "Cherry Almond Bars" and I got the recipe from my blogging pal Becky. Click HERE for the recipe!!
The only thing I messed up was I forgot to save some of the batter for the top ... oops!! But it still came out fine! :) I would also lessen the amount of almond extract because it is pretty strong but that is just my personal taste....my husband thought they were the best thing since sliced bread!! LOL! :)

ENJOY!! And if you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me!
-Stacie

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MAN, These look fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should open a restaurant seriously that stuff is WOW!!!!!!

Wish I could taste! lol

Merry said...

Mmmmm..these both look yummy but I would be heading straight to that dessert. :-)