Sunday, August 29, 2010

Get Well Soon



This is a bit different for me as I usually always color an image. I wanted to try and do a clean and simple card. I like how it turned out but my glitter glue decided to make a "splat" when I was drawing the swirl on the butterfly so it kind of globbed up and my ribbon isn't exactly centered ... I guess you win some and you lose some! Perfection is over-rated right?? Overall I love the bright and cheery feel to this card! :)

Challenges:
For Fun Challenges - Anything with ribbon or lace
Flutterby Wednesday - Anything with butterfly, fairy or angel
Delightful Challenges - Girlie with pearls (on butterfly) and lace (made lace border on cardstock)
Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturdays - Get Well or Good Luck
OTWC #22 - Use colors from this photo as inspiration!




Stamping Vacation Build-A-Sketch - Sketch
Stamping Vacation No-No Challenge - No brads or eyelets
Stamping Vacation State Your State - Butterfly for Vermont
Stamping Vacation Get The Music In You - Black Magic Song (All I kept thinking was black paper...I think it has to do with the black magic coredinations! LOL!)
Penny's Challenge - Pink and Green
7 Kids College Fund Challenge - Strip it down....NO MORE than 2 layers of design paper (I didn't use any design paper so I would certainly call this stripped down!) :P
Aud Sentiments - Anything Goes

14 Comments:

Crystal said...

SOOOO PRETTY WOW GREAT use of these colors!!!

Merry said...

Love the colour combo...so bright and cheery.

Julie said...

Very pretty. Love that color combo. Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund!

Julie

Courtney said...

This is lovely, so bright and fun! Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's. Good Luck!

~Courtney~
PPCC DT

Anonymous said...

Totally fabulous!!! Loving the colors and the textures here!!!

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

This is so pretty, love the embossed background, just fabulous! Thanks for playing with DC.

Rosalien

Audrey said...

What a pretty card. I love the embossing. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments and don't forget to enter in our monthly drawing going on right now.

Tigriswillreign said...

This is super stunning! Which Cricut cartridge did you use for the sentiment? It looks familiar!
Thx!

Karen McAlpine said...

Good thinking... the black paper black magic... Very cute card.

Lisa said...

Super cute! Thanks for joining us at 7Kids Challenge!

CraftinGranny said...

Great color combo. Thanks for joining us at For Fun this week. "Hugs" Carol

coldwaters2 said...

Stacie this looks very striking that colour combo works great, I love the embossing on the black card, that butterfly looks fabulous so does the ribbon, as you say perfection is over-rated lol.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Kim Wilson said...

Beautiful Stacie!!! Love those details :) Thank you for playing and good luck!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very pretty!! Thanks for playing and good luck!!