Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Etched Glass



This is something I made for my mom awhile back but have never posted on my blog. I cut out the boat and wave design with my cricut onto vinyl then etched into the glass vase. Added some twine and rocks with the lucky bamboo plant! My mom doesn't have a green thumb so I had to give her something that is hard to kill! LOL!

The picture isn't the greatest but I don't have a very good setup to take pictures of glass so this was the best I could do for now.

Hope you like this unique project!
Challenges:
Creative Craft - Summer lovin' (gotta love water during the summer!!)
Creative Inspirations - On the move (thought of the sailboat moving on the water) Hope this counts?!
Crafty Calendar - Summer
Delightful Sketches and Challenges - Summer
Fab N' Funky - Get into shape (no square or rectangle)
Polka Doodle - Decorative item
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Water (Etched waves and have water in the vase!)
Simon Says - Photo inspiration (used the water element!)
Sir Stampalot - Lazy summer days
Creative Cottage - No cards!

20 Comments:

Karen said...

Very nice too, thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches.
xx

Cara said...

Very cool...I've been wanting to try this with my Cricut. TFS!

craftieodmae said...

Wow now that is fantastic!!!

Merry said...

This is wonderful Stacie...something I have on my 'to do list'

Anonymous said...

really cool!!! I always wanted to try etching! this is fabulous!

Your a jack of all trades!!!

Lisa said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches this week!

Michelle H. said...

What an awesome gift!!
Very pretty and so creative!!
Have a wonderful day!!

andrea said...

what a fab project,thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

NGCARDS said...

This is a great creation hun and yes it does count with the sailboat :) Thanks for joining in this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog! xxx

sandra's crafty corner said...

wow what a great gift, thanks for playing along at creative craft challenges xxx

Tracy said...

Fab Entry, thanks for joining Polkadoodles challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Curt in Indy said...

This gift is beautiful! You did a marvelous job etching this vase. I too gave one of these to my Mom for Mother's Day. I found a vase with her initial etched on it. So great minds think alike! Best, Curt

Becky said...

What a brilliant idea!!
A great take on the 'No Cards Allowed' Challenge!!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cotatge!!
Love Becky xx

Tracy said...

this is great,it looks fabulous. Thanks for joining in with this weeks Creative Cottage Challenge, Tracy x

Shelly said...

What a super idea, love the vase and the little 'beach'. Hope your mam manages to look after the bamboo ok ;) Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage! Hugs Shelly ;)

Fliss said...

A really lovely piece of artwork and I'm sure your Mum must have loved receiving it.
Thanks for sharing it with us at Polka Doodles this week.
x

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Wow it's so nice to see something so totally different and so beautiful. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow what a lovely present,so unusual, thanks for joining us at creative craft, hugs Liz xx

Jenny said...

Such a clever & creative idea! Thanks for joining in with the Polka Doodles challenge this week.

Tip Top said...

Wonderful project! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!