Thursday, April 8, 2010

Paper Trimmer

Here is my old paper trimmer...a cheapie from a mail order catalog like Lakeside Collections. It has a slide out drawer underneath, two side drawers and is a slider style cutter. As you can tell ALL plastic. After less than a year.....

....this is what happens! Notice the rough edges on the green part where it is turning white...yeah that is actually curling up and wearing away!! YIKES! There isn't supposed to be white showing...it should all be green. It made it impossible to get a clean or straight cut and was driving me NUTS! Sooooooooooooooo.....

I bought this bad boy!! HEHE! A solid maple guillotine style cutter! It is called a Swingline Ingento. ALL WOOD AND METAL!! No cheapie plastic! This cutter ROCKS!! For just a little more money than the average plastic one this cutter should last so much longer!


Thanks for having a looksy!
-Stacie

6 Comments:

Dazie said...

I love it! Where did you find this beauty? I am on the look out for a new cutter.
Dazie
x

Julia Dunnit said...

Cor. Wow. I want one! Great and defo a better purchase! Happy trimming!

Mummylade said...

more or less forever =) Grats

Dawnll said...

That is a serious cutter...I had one also I enjoyed using , I finally donated awhile back because Pippie kept sitting on it scared me that she might get hurt.
Hope you enjoy your new cutter.

Lorraine said...

your new trimmer looks fab i must get a paper trimmer its got to be easier then a craft knife and ruler lol
hugs
Lorraine xx

Anonymous said...

I so need one, but I would scare myself!