Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Big gators!




While in Florida we went to visit my nephew in Gainesville and he said there was a park nearby where you could go see some wild animals. So after lunch we took a drive and came across the park and it was a really neat place. We saw a Bison out in the wild (not something I would expect in Florida) and then we drove to another part associated with the park and they said you were guaranteed to see alligators. They were NOT kidding!!! We saw hundreds of them!! I could show picture after picture after picture of alligators but I just picked out two to share. The cool thing about this place is there is absolutely no barrier between you and the wild animals so you MUST respect them!! Looks like my mom followed that rule right? LOL! This just shows you how close you can really get...you could touch one if you were brave enough...HAHA! I wasn't brave enough to do what my mom did and get in front of one but I did get right behind one...that big monster picture at the top shows how massive they really can be! Truly an experience and we all had so much fun!! Thank goodness we all came out alive too with no missing parts! :)

....see ya later ALLIGATOR!! HEHE!
-Stacie

5 Comments:

Claudia said...

OMGOSH! You and your mom are soooooo brave! Beautiful pictues, but I am too chicken to get that close. I haven't had a chance to comment on all your photos, but it seems like you had a wonderful time in Florida. That is my idea of a vacation... relaxing! Thanks for sharing these with us.

Claudia

Dawnll said...

After while crocodile! I use to live in Florida, I don't miss the occasional visitor we would get from the canal by our driveway. They were never this big just tiny lost ones.

Anonymous said...

WHOA You Moms got game!

Those are cool pics!

Annette Bowes said...

Oh my, don't think I would have set foot out of the car! How wonderful to be that close and still walk away, thanks for sharing, take careX:)

Merry said...

Wow....I can't believe how close your Mum is to that Alligator. Don't they attack humans. We have crocodiles around our area and there is no way anyone would get that close to one.