Thursday, February 11, 2010

SUPER CHEAPO.............

LIGHTBOX!!!!!



I had my eyes on a lightbox I wanted but it was like $100 and thought a tad pricey so I started searching the web and came across a site that had instructions on how to make my own. So I asked hubby to help me last weekend and between the both of us this is what we came up with...what do you think?? I think it is a super alternative for alot less money!!

Posterboard = $1 at the dollar general
Cardboard Box = free (we just put in a new bathroom light/fan so it was a perfect size)
Old White T-Shirt = free (raided hubby's side of the closet!)
Making a mess cutting all this on the carpet = PRICELESS
OK, probably a bad joke but couldn't help myself! :P LOL!

I am still trying to adjust to using a lightbox and I think I need more lighting (I am only using one desklamp right now...all I had and I didn't include it in the picture). I would also like to get a proper macro lens but that is down the road...gotta save lots of pennies up for that! But overall I am pretty happy with the results. Atleast I can get my colors to match better... no more paper being pink and buttons looking red! :)

If you have any questions just ask!
....and if you have an advice I would love to have that also!!

Thanks!
-Stacie

6 Comments:

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Congrats on the new lightbox. I love my cheapo one too. My advice is to get a Natural light bulb. It takes a few minutes for the light to "warm up", but it works really well. Loved your joke too:)

Anonymous said...

Lots of fun, and LOL @ you. Your priceless!!

Merry said...

Well done....I have looked at making one of these but never got around to it. Seeing your wonderful photos may just motivate me a little more.

Dawnll said...

You are a hoot!!! I am still laughing about the duck with no feet!!!
I like what you did with the light box, I use a piece of foam core board, I really need to replace that because it has been thrown around and played with by Pippie.

Annette Bowes said...

Fantastic, I need one too, off too search, unless you are going to do a tutorial LOL! Then you can send me the second one, hehe, take careX:)

Courtney Baker said...

Girl I still use the one I made. I just changed to a super high watt day light true color florecant bulb. It makes a big difference!