Sunday, February 7, 2010

How to organize clear stamps

This is something I did a few weeks ago. My piles of clear stamps were driving me nuts...very unorganized! I wanted a central location and also a way to flip through them easily by brand/creator. So my hubby brought home one of his used big 3 ring binders and I went to the dollar store and picked up a pack of poster board for a buck. The 2 types of clear protector pages are from Wal-Mart (full 8.5x11 and 3 sectioned off 4x6 slots that are used for photos)....super cheap also.

**Please note that most of the pictures are sideways...blogger really doesn't like me sometimes!!!

Step 1. Cut your poster board to either 8.5 x 11 for the full page or 4x6 for the 3 section clear page.
Step 2. Take the back plastic piece of your clear stamps and adhere with glue dots to the posterboard.

Step 3. Position your stamps on top including the top plastic piece that usually has the stamp picture printed on it.

Step 4. Sort by creator/brand and slide into the appropriate clear protector.

Step 5. Put into a 3 ring binder and voila! All organized!!

** Notice I put two of the small Snag Em' or Studio G stamps together on the same 4x6 sheet...worked out perfect! I even tried to sort by theme...Winter, Summer, etc.

Now I just need to get creative and finish my clear stamps that DO NOT have the plastic on the front with the images already on it. I'm thinking I will have to cut some plastic to fit.

Then after that....my BIG project of cling mounting my rubber stamps and organizing them....wish me luck...there is a big pile to do. But I can't use them til I get started so I better get on the ball so I can show these stamps some love too!!

I get so hooked on digis but I don't want to forget about my poor neglected rubber!

Hope you liked my organization of clear stamps!

Soon I will have another project to show you that hubby has helped me with...just have to figure out how to use it properly!

Take care!
Going to finish watching the Superbowl now!!

-Stacie

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go!!! So thats what hubby made you? Great ideas hun!

Dawnll said...

I love organization!!! I love to see what others do to keep all the crafty stuff together. Thanks for sharing your storage idea.

Merry said...

Oh you are so clever. .... why have I not thought of that before. Probably because my clear stamps have just grown in size since Christmas. :-)

Ελευθερία said...

i have done something like this for my larger stamps, (inkadinkadoo 15set size) and was thinking of how to store my imaginisce smaller stamps!!! thanks for the idea!!!!