Sunday, January 17, 2010

90th Birthday!



I thought this young image and the bright and cheery colors would make the birthday gal feel young again! 90 years.... AMAZING!! And she is still in good health! :)
I put ALOT of work and detail into this card...took me about 3 hours from start to finish! But I think it turned out so beautifully!

Supplies: Cuttlebug with dot folder (not sure of exact name?), various eyelets and brads, JustRite stamps, memento ink, Whisper ink, ribbon from stash, Rubber Romance image colored with Copics, Cricut to cut out all shapes except the tag with 90 is from K&Co. I just added the 90 with the JustRite stamper.

OKAY....this is probably a good time to ask. Do you like when I list the supplies like I have been doing the last few posts or should I just stick to describing what I did on my card like I used to do???? Or would you prefer I do both sometimes???
Thanks...I like getting opinions from those that are doing the reading!!

Challenges:
Rubber Romance - Jan. 10th sketch
Crafty Catz - Birthday
Paper Makeup - Birthday
Charisma - Anything new
Simon Says - Shabby Chic .... although I don't really know what this means their blog said it shows wear and tear. So I sanded the background paper and inked up the edges of the sentiment tag. Hope that is correct!
ABC - L is for Layering
The Pink Elephant - Birthday
Crafty Creations - Textures
Practical Scrappers - embossing

21 Comments:

Sammye Jo said...

Super cute Stacie! So glad you joined in a RRS!!!! I like knowing what people used by the way :)

XoXO- Sammye Jo

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Stacie
A beautiful card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz for this week's challenge,
hugs Dianne xx

Leanne said...

Very cute card!

Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week - good luck!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

Anonymous said...

I love it so great!!!

I like hearing what you did and knowing what supplies you use!

You Rock!

Merry said...

Wow...you are getting too clever Stacie. Love all the ribbon and eyelets. I am sure this remarkable lady will enjoy your card. I too like reading what people used on their cards.

Tina said...

Wow! Gorgeous card!! What great colors for a birthday. Thanks for playing the Makeup 4 the Weekend challenge.

mom said...

Super cool card. I really like what you did. keep up the good work. Love Mom

Victoria said...

This is a lovely card I particularily love the bright cheery colours

Thank you for joining us on ABC This challenge, I look forward to seeing you again on our M is for... Challenge this wednesday.

hugs Vicky x

carol said...

hi such a lovely card, thanks for joining in with the CC challenge, i prefer it in a list, x carol

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh Stacie, love ALL the detail! you sanded your CB mat beautifully and the eyelets and ribbon weaving..wow - your image and coloring are wonderful! love the bright colors you chose - know she is going to love it!!!
go with whatever you feel for your projects! if the card is one that we can tell easily how you created it - then maybe just list the details - its all up to you! love every chance I get to pop in here !! (:
hugs to you GF!

magicwanda said...

What a great card and for such a fantastic occasion....I love all the bright colors and of course the embossing.
Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers
Wanda

RobinJ said...

Love your card, Stacie--great embossing and sanding! Thanks for playing along at Practical Scrappers!

Sherry Campbell said...

This card is completely adorable- and worth the effort (3 hours) that you put into it!! :)

Christine Meyer said...

Very cute and cheery! Thanks for entering it at Practical Scrappers!

Rose said...

your card is wonderful, thanks for joining us
on crafty creations this week :)

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge with your beautiful work! I hope to see you back next time! :)

Greetings, Saskia

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations - lovely card! Cheers Claire x

Heidi M said...

Wonderful card, Stacie! I love the bright colors and the stamped image. Thanks for joining the embossing challenge at Practical Scrappers!

Dawnll said...

What a cute card sweetie! I like it both ways and I also have a hard time with that myself. Do what works for you, and it will be great. Wanted to thank you for your visits, I appreciate your comments so much.

Tasha said...

fabulous card i love the images and bright colours
thank you for joining us at Chrisma Cardz
love tasha xx

Stephanie said...

such a cute card!! so worth the effort :) - thanks for playing along with the Rubber Romance sketch challenge!!