Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thank You!



I made this card for my mom/dad...hopefully she isn't reading this as I called her and told her not to look at my blog! Actually I had to tell her it was a x-mas card that she asked me to make for one of her friends and I didn't want her to see it until I gave it to her....a wee bit of a white lie but I didn't want mom to know I was surprising them with a Thank You card! They really do alot for me and my husband. I won't go into all the detail or this post would take you forever to read but they are great parents and I don't know what I would do without them! And even though they drive me nuts sometimes (as I'm SURE I do to them also!!) they truly are two of the best parents anyone could ever ask for...honestly!! I am so very lucky to be able to call them mom and dad!

I used my Copics which are the best markers ever to color my image. I am so proud of how this came out! I hope you all like it too and I really hope mom/dad like it!
Let me know what you think!
-Stacie

Challenges:
The Pink Elephant #40 - Thankful
Tuesday Tagger - No pattern paper
Bitten By The Bug - Gratitude/thankful (used the Storybook cartridge for the leaf cutout)
Delightful Sketches - Sketch
Quixotic Challenge - Stitches
Color Throwdown - red, yellow, orange and a dark neutral like grey or black
Etsy Inspired - Inspiration challenge (I used the fall leaves throw pillow as inspiration)

21 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw thats awesome, I'm sure your Mom and Dad will love it!

Sounds a lot like my parents, we help eachother but we also drive eachother crazy, but at the heart and soul theres love, and thats a Family!

Merry said...

Wow, Stacie this is such a great card I am sure your parents will love it. Your colouring is wonderful and I like that zigzag you have on your card.

Elise said...

Woweee! That is some seriously fabulous coloring and WONDERFUL faux stitching! Glad I clicked on the image to see it all up close! Wonderfu, wonderful work here and excellent use of the CTD challenge! Wahoo!

Danni said...

Very nice!

Wendy Hall said...

What a wonderfully nice thing to do for your parents!! It is beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Delightful Sketches!!

Regina Easter said...

great job...i love your coloring...

csroyal said...

Super card, Stacie!! Mom and Dad will love it! Glad to see you at Delightful Sketches!!

Unknown said...

You Lucky, naughty girl, you.....LOL. loving the card and thank you so much for joining us at TT this week, good luck with all your challenges. Hugs Avril xxx

Unknown said...

Wow she will love ti x Thanks for joining in at TT this week x Janet

Broni said...

Your parents should love this! It's beautiful! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown challenge with us!!

Teri said...

Fabulous card! Love it that you are sending it to your parents, lovely thought!
Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Taggers this week.
Hugs,
Teri x

de said...

Wow, your coloring is amazing! Love the card! Thanks for playing the EtsyInspired challenge!

Anne said...

Gorgeous card Stacie, thanks for playing along with us on Delightful Sketches

Anne x

Unknown said...

This is beautiful:)Your mum and dad will love it for sure! Adore the rich tones you've used and your stitching is lovely! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Quixotic Challenges. Hope to see you again next time too:) Hugs, Rowena~Quixotic Paperie DT

Julie said...

I'm sure your parents will love the card, it's beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches.
Julie x

Claudia said...

OMG! Your coloring is amazing; what detail! How long have you had your Copics? ;)
I love the outline around the image too! Its beautiful!

Claudia (DCRU)

Lisa said...

wonderful job the colouring is perfect. thanks so much for joining us at DS

Lisa Foster said...

Oh my word, this is absolutely STUNNING! Your coloring is jaw-dropping gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with us at Delightful Sketches!
Hugs,
Lisa

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for playing the EIC challenge! :)

Rachel said...

gorgeous card! thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches.
hugs,
Rachel

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

Gorgeous card! love your colouring. Thanks for playing with Delightful Sketches.

Rosalien