Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Interesting item used on card!



Can you guess what the unique item I used is??? TP!! Yep, good ol' TP! So I must say it is NOT easy to work with at all...everything I tried just wasn't turning out right. Maybe it was the brand I used or maybe I just don't know what I'm doing...probably a good combination of both! LOL! This card is actually for Angie's dad who was diagnosed with cancer. Her site is here. If you want to send a card just e-mail her for the address...I'm sure they would really appreciate the thought! At first I was going to do a masculine card but then I thought it is really the entire family that is dealing with this so I thought flowers would be a good idea. Men and women both like flowers!! I colored the image with my Copics...still improving on my blending! :) Covered it with paint on glitter for that added sparkle. Then I rolled up some TP and mounted it in an X pattern and sponged with matching purple ink. I thought the X was good for respresenting the cancer to go away!! I wish the best for him and his family!

Challenges:
Everything But The Kitchen Sink Challenge - Use TP
CPS 140 - sketch
Lily-Boo Too - purple

14 Comments:

Lilacanglia said...

You are a star, THANK YOU so much,
I love it, and I know they will,
hugs
Angie
ps thanks for the warning about the impersonators

Merry said...

I really like those rose images and the way you added the glitter to them. I have to ask, What is TP?

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Hi! I'm answering the question you left on the Stampin Sisters in Christ blog. Your entry does not have to be a card, but should follow the challenge theme. Thanks for your interest!

What a nice thing you are doing for your friend's dad. I hope he is able to beat the cancer!

Karen B. said...

You've done a wonderful job with all the symbolism on this card, and of course your use of toilet paper is awesome too!

Scrappymax said...

What a super card and what a great way to use TP, amazing what items there are right in front of us that we don't think of.
Thanks for joining us this month over at LBT.
Max x

Lynnette said...

Great take on the challenge, and I'm sure they are going to appreciate the card. Thanks for playing the EBTKS challenge

Courtney Baker said...

Cool card! I don't think anyone would ever know that's tp! Thanks for playing!

Winter said...

Cute! Very thoughtful of you to send a card! Thanks for playing with us in the challenge! :)

Jessica said...

You disguised the TP pretty good!!! Great take on the challenge :)

Rosy said...

what a nice thought am sure they will appreciate it, thanks for joining us @ Lily-boo's this week
x Rosy

Ann said...

Very fun card! Thanks for playing along with us Kitchen Sink girls! :D

~kelly marie~ said...

What a beautiful card. I am sure it will help cheer them up. I just love what you did with the toilet paper!

Thank you so much for playing along with Everything but the Kitchen Sink!

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is great! Thanks so much for playing with our challenge! :)

Lilacanglia said...

My Dad & Mum received this lovely card this morning,
They both want to say a lovely thank you,
its cheered up their day,
Hugs
Angie