Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Card for Noah

Diana Harrison Biorkman has an adorable 5yr old son Noah who is in the last stages of a 2 1/2yr battle with Neuroblastoma Cancer. The family is celebrating Christmas early because they do not think Noah will make it til Christmas. Noahs request is to get lots and LOTS of Christmas cards! If you would like to send a card please send to his dad (this is an alternate address that the family has recently submitted):
Noah Biorkman
C/O Scott Biorkman
3480 Petoskey Way
Milford, MI 48380
They have also asked that instead of sending a gift for Noah that you include a dollar (only if you want of course) donation to be given to the University of Michigan Neuroblamstoma Research or the Michigan Make a Wish Chapter.

Here is the card I made for Noah...I saw on a video that he got an angel ornament and he said it was his favorite because he knew soon he would be in heaven and that he would turn into an angel....how precious this young boy must be! I hope with our help he will know how many people are thinking of him!




This was my first easel card and it was so easy to make. There is a tutorial over at Sassy Studio that tells you how to make one! The digi is from Digital Delights and I colored him with my Copics and Prismas. Also colored the white button with my Copics to make it match and pop a little. I added silverish glitter to the wings (although you can't see it in the picture) and popped the image out with 3-D squares. In case your wondering what that paper is doing on the inside right of the card...I had to cover up some writing that I had already put in the card before taking the picture...oops!

Challenges:
Sophisticat Challenge#10 - Wings
Simon Says - Thinking of You
Flutter By Wednesday - Thankful and use a fairy, angel, or butterfly (I am thankful that this little boy was able to get his wish of lots of cards and to spend his final Christmas with his family feeling very loved.)
The Secret Crafter - easel card
Crazy 4 Challenges - easel card

12 Comments:

Annie said...

This is really sweet and cute! I'm definately going to mail a card for Noah. Thank you!

Jo Nevill said...

Such a lovely card.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Jo and the SSC DT x

Unknown said...

what a lovely card...its hearbreaking to read this news and only wish there was somwthing i could do....i wil try and send a card for noah..life just seems so unfair..sending love to all and especially to noah...he sounds a incredible little man hugs sasssyxxx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Very darling! I love the combo of the image and paper that you chose.

Thanks so much entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

<3,
Steph

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Card, Noah is going to love it, I will send a card to him today, Many thanks for joining us at Sophisticat this week. Hugs Avril xxx

blackdragon said...

Thank you for joining us at sophisticats this week.... beautiful card, i'm sure Noah will love it.
lynx

Karen said...

Gorjus card. Thank you for joining in over at Sophisticats hope to see you again soon.

I'm sure Noah will love it.

Love Karen x

Nikki Schmaltz said...

I think this is such a beautiful card. This story touched my heart as we are from Michigan. Milford is not far from where we lived. I am hoping I can make and get a card to Noah before I leave. Thanks for sharing!

Cassie said...

very sweet!

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful card & for such a special cause.

Thanks so much for joining us at Sophisticats this week

Jan xx

Chris (catt871) said...

What a cute card!!!! I LOVE your colouring! So beautiful! THANKS for joining us at Simon Says this week!
Chris & the DT

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, lovely colours and sweet image.
luv
Debby