Friday, October 30, 2009

House Mouse card!


This is my first House Mouse card. Saw this stamp and thought it was so adorable...actually all the house mouse furry animals are super cute! I just love animals and used to raise rabbits when I was younger...would love to do it again someday. I tried to use a sketch for this but it just wasn't working so I did my own thing and I'm glad I did! I read Claudia's tips on Copics over at Die Cuts R Us and I think it really helped me understand blending...she also includes some other great tips. Now I know it isn't perfect but I do think I am improving! Can you tell I blended two colors of each (green, pink and brown)?? What do you think...pretty good for a beginner?? I even did an outline shading...this was so much fun to color and completely out of my comfort zone...guess that is why they call all these challenges! LOL! I also used my new gold stickles from some candy I won not long ago to dot the satin ribbon and I can't say enough how much I just LOVE stickles!!! Okay now for the challenges and don't forget to let me know what you think about my coloring...or anything else you might like!

Thanks!
-Stacie

Challenges:
Peachy Keen #14 - card, pink and brown, stamped image, 1 ribbon and glitter
ABC - G is for green
Simon Says - All that sparkles
Allsorts #24 - Furry Friends
Sophisticat #8 - Pink and Brown plus flowers
Creative Clear Stamps Challenge - buttons

17 Comments:

Debs said...

Very cute card. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

Anonymous said...

love the bunny, thanks for joining in the with us at ABC this week Samantha :0)

Sparkplug17 said...

Very cute!

cheryl said...

this is such a cute image thanks for joining us at sophisticats this week hope to see you again soon love cheryl xxxxx

Payne Holler Cards said...

hi Stacie, I do see the improvement GF!! your layout is so cute with him...here is a tip for eyes...leave a little white or sometimes just put a little white dot on the eye with a white pen...try it on your next one and see if you like it!!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

AND I meant to tell you I am so tickled to see you enter the Creative Clear Stamps button challenge!!

Ali Dantre said...

Hi ya, Thanks for joining us over at Sophisticats this week Beautiful card! Love it.

Hugs
Lisa.xx
DT & Boss

Unknown said...

No wonder you love this Image Stacie, he is super cute, many thanks for joining us at Sophisticat this week, good luck with your challenges. Hugs Avril xxxx

Karen said...

Lovely card Stacie. Thank you for joining in at Sophisticats and I hope to see you again soon. Good luck with your challenges.

Love Karen x

Laura said...

That bunny is cute! We used to raise them too. Thanks for joining our weekly challege over at Creative Clear Stamps blogspot! Good luck!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Hi Stacie:
thank you for the lovely comments you always leave for me. here is my other blog address I also posed it on my floral blog just in case.
http://recipesbydottie.blogspot.com/
also yes thank you I did get your award but i couldn't get it to post for me would you send it again and I will get it another shot . hope you had a wonderful day .
~ God Bless ~
Hugs :o)
Dottie

KathyJ Peachy Keen Stamps said...

What a great card, Stacie! Love that image and your coloring is just great! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Peachy Keen Stamps!
:)KathyJ

Unknown said...

Aww this is so sweet. Thanks for playing along at Sophisticats this week

Jan x

Sammye Jo said...

Cute!!

Claudia said...

Stacie,

What a cutie! I love your card, and your coloring looks great! I love the blending you did on the watermelon. Way to go!

Claudia (DCRU)

Merry said...

Such a cute image.....I agree with you all the House Mouse images are adorable. Great card.

Courtney Baker said...

Very cute... great coloring!