Sunday, October 25, 2009

Connie's B-day card and don't forget to vote!


This is a card for my MIL. I think it turned out soooo pretty!! I used my cricut Wild Cards cart to cut out the card. Cut out the cupcake top separately and popped it with 3-D squares. Then embossed happy birthday in vanilla on black cardstock inside (used a dryer sheet that someone gave me a tip on since I don't have an embossing buddy yet...THANKS!). Attached a few buttons with hemp twine. Glittered up the flame on the candle and glued some spangles on the cupcake top. Oh so yummy!

Also, some of you have not read my post about voting on how I should give away candy...either that or you didn't read far enough (shame on you if that is the case!...LOL!) I would also be happy if I could get more followers...hint, hint!! No pressure though...I don't want you to follow unless you REALLY want to...and I appreciate all the comments my regular followers leave...THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Means so much to me!! So if you want to vote (or follow) please check back on 10/21 and read my goodies in the mail post.

THANKS!

Challenges:
Stamping Vacation - Pick 3 Challenge ... I chose anything metallic (spangles), colors that are names of food (vanilla embossing powder) and gems (spangles...atleast I would call that a gem!)
Just Buggin' - Make a die cut card using any cricut cart
Cute Card Thursday - sweet/candy theme
Corrosive Challenge - make a different shaped card
Crafty Catz - buttons or brads

11 Comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi stacie
Another fabulous card,thankyou for taking part at CraftyCatz,
Hugs Dianne xx

carol said...

pretty card, thanks for joining in at crafty catz again, x carol

Merry said...

What a cute cupcake Stacie.

Re: the jigsaw piece....there are instructions (with photos) I did on how to do a christmas tree using the same technique in the Craftmad Journal'Christmas in July' which is in my sidebar. Or if you email me I can send instructions without photos.

Suzie said...

Gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz. Suzie x

thescrapmaster said...

GREAT card!! I love cupcakes :O)
Hugs,
Samantha
Just Buggin'

Kirsty said...

very pretty, kirsty CC x

dawnmercedes said...

adorable!
Thanks for joining in the Corrosive Blog Challenge by Janet!

Vicki Burns said...

So darling! Thanks for playing with us on CCBJ!

Annie said...

lovely cupcake card! thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week. hugs, annie x

Bev said...

What a fab card Stacie, I'm loving the cupcake x

Diane (djuseless) said...

Cute cupcake card! Thanks for playing along with CCBJ!