Monday, September 7, 2009

Sympathy Card



This card isn't for anything that has happened lately I'm just trying to build up a stash of cards to have on hand. Everytime I need a card it seems like a last minute ordeal and then I don't have time to make one soooooo I thought a big variety might help me out...and they don't go bad (like cupcakes...as though sweets would set around that long...hehehe) so hopefully I won't have to use this type of card for a long long long time!

Oh and this was my first time hand-stitching a card (I used faux stitching before) and good grief is that harder than I thought!! Making things straight, lining up holes, not poking my finger with the needle...LOL! And it takes some patience!!

I am entering it into the following challenges:

Stamp TV STVTC29 - Sewing
Pennys Challenge #5 - Pearls (I used two black pearls...one in the middle of each Prima flower)
The Pink Elephant Challenge #31 - colors (red, black, yellow and white)
The Cuttlebug Spot Challenge #57 - birds
Digital Delights #6 - Sketch
(Sorry this is a few days late...I followed this sketch and then forgot which one it was when I went to post...LOL! I guess that is what I get for trying to combine so many challenges!)

11 Comments:

LORi said...

So very pretty!! Thanks for joining us this week at TPE!!

Unknown said...

Very pretty card! I like the bird a lot. Great job combining challenges also. So glad you joined us this week at TCS!

Annie said...

Good idea to have the stash of cards especially sympathy ones cause to be truthful if you need one of those you don't usually feel like making it - too upset.

Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

Cheryl said...

So, so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's Challenges, and we hope you enter this week's too!

BlueRose said...

I love your card, it is a very good idea to have a stash....♥

Rheannon said...

Lovely card. Your stitching is great! Nice for a first timer, lol! Thanks for playing along with us at The Cuttlebug Spot.
Rheannon

Wendy Hall said...

Great card!! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches!!

Lisa Foster said...

Wow what a lovely card! Your stitching is perfect! Great job combining all those challenges! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches!
Lisa

csroyal said...

Very Pretty, Stacie! I love the colors! Good to see you at Delightful Sketches!

Anne said...

Thanks for playing along with Delightful Sketches this week Stacie, a gorgeous card
Anne x

Stephanie said...

great take on the challenge, thanks for playing with us at DS.