Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sweet Butterfly Card



I am so glad I got a chance to make a few cards this weekend. Still being new I am experimenting with everything. Some things I found I like and others I don't. I'm not 100 percent happy with this card but overall I don't think it turned out too bad. I was so sad because I do not own any shimmerz or stickles and wanted my butterfly to sparkle so bad!!! Does anyone have suggestions on using glitter to cover an entire digi-image like this butterfly?? I don't think it would have the same effect as something like shimmerz but then again I haven't tried it! I want a clear shimmer effect so I could still see my image. Oh and what type of glue would I use?? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...I really appreciate all feedback!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Sophisticat Challenge#1 - Sketch
Flutter By Wed.#74 - Use a butterfly or fairy and the color pink

6 Comments:

Danni said...

Love the butterfly you used on this, very nice! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge.

Nancy said...

What a pretty card! Thanks for playing the flutter by challenge with us this week!!

Merry said...

Such a pretty card. I must admit I use Kindy Glitz a clear coloured one. When I use glitter I normally use PVA glue as it dries clear. Maybe with fine lines like on the butterful you could just put little bits of glue on the veins with a toothpick.

Ali Dantre said...

Hi Stacie, what a beautiful card! Iove all your papers and your butterfly is gorgeous! I agree with Merry above regarding the glitter effects, if using pva try not to add too much as it will warp your image.

Thank you for joining & supporting our 1st challenge at sophisticats this week. We hope to see you back again for a new challenge that starts tomorrow. You have until next Sunday evening to enter! with a great prize up for grabs too!

Hugs
Lisa.xx

PS, I have become a follower....welcome to blogland babes.x

Karen said...

Really pretty card Stacie. love the subtle pastel tones. And that flutterby is gorjus.

Thank you for taking part in the Sophisticats challenge.

love Karen x

cheryl said...

this is really pretty hun love the soft tones you have used thanks for joing us on our 1st challenge hope you will be able to join us again love cheryl xxxx