Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Simple Thank You Card



I was watching the news while on vacation one day and there was a lady saying that the troops wanted packages for school kids (either in Afghanistan or Iraq). They needed paper, pencils, pens, sharpeners, snacks and a toy. I thought this sounded like a good idea so I asked my family and friends to help. I was able to collect either supplies or money to make 57 bags!!! I also put this card in there with a nice little letter thanking the troops for their service. Of course I forgot to take a picture of the cute bags but atleast you get the idea!!

I used my cricut to cut out the U.S. and words inside the card and on the front I printed out a small version of the "Star Spangled Banner" then stamped over it with SU stars stamp. Nothing fancy but I was exhausted after making all those bags!! I had to ship in three big boxes and of course fill out a bunch of custom forms...thank goodness my postal guy could help me because they were not easy to understand!
I am entering the card into these challenges:

Our Creative Corner Challenge - Stars and Stripes (blue stars stamped and music sheet for stripes)
Cupcake Craft Challenge #56 - Red, White and Blue

8 Comments:

The Crafty Den said...

What a lovely idea to make all those bags for the troops. The card style is perfect - clean and simple - perfect for a man and definitely very touching - I'm sure they were greatly appreciated. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Merry said...

What a generous thing to do. The card is wonderful and so apt.

Mrs B said...

Oh what a blessing you are! Such a sweet thing to do for our troops! The card is fantastic also!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the OCC!
CindyB

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a cute card. And what a nice think you did for the school children in Afghanistan or Iraq. Great stars and strips challenge card. Thanks for playing along with the OCC this week!

Nilla said...

Hi, you asked about CD cover, if you look at Stamp with fun challenge blog, you will see a lot of different CD covers from the DTs. I just followed my heart! Hugs Nilla

Liza said...

A great card and its for a wonderful cause. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Donna said...

Fantastic card, absolutely love the image and the gorgeous use of this weeks colour combo. Thanks for playing along with CCC this week :) Donna x

Unknown said...

What a fantastic and thoughtful card. Thanks for playing along with the OCC girls this week!