Friday, September 25, 2009

FINALLY a card!!!


It has been a week since my last card and I was itching to make one so bad so here is what I made today. It is for someone but I won't mention any names because she reads this blog! Maybe once she gets it she will post on her blog....but if not I won't be offended...promise! I used a CTMH stamp I received in my blog candy from
Jenn over at Craft Royalty Corner...first time I have been able to use it and isn't it darling? I love it! I distressed the scalloped edges with my ink...thought it turned out neat...I tried to put deeper marks/dots to make it stick out a bit instead of all the same around the edge. Paper was from my stash and I made the flowers with my cricut and dabbed with black ink on a sponge applicator. Did some faux stitching around the outside. The one thing I wanted to add was some sparkle to the dots on the dress but somehow misplaced that part of my stash....guess that means I should tidy up the room a bit huh? I mean I looked everywhere I could think of but it is still missing! So maybe that was a sign that the card was fine just the way it was!

Challenges:
Get Sketchy#7 - Sketch plus distressing
Simon Says- Stitching
Stamp Something- Favorite layout or sketch (fav layout so far and I just found it!) So simple and clean looking!
Cute Card Thursday#79 - Use the colors black and yellow
Polka Doodles- DIY flower

19 Comments:

Deb said...

such a gorgeous card, fabulous image! Many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

Kevin Renz said...

Ooohh... this is seriously one of my favorite stamp sets. Great job with it and thanks for playing along with us at Stamp Something.

Laurel said...

Fabby card, I so love that stamp!

Erin... said...

I love that image! Such a pretty clean and simple card and layout! Thanks for playing along at Stamp Something this week.

Lorraine A said...

Oh this is just gorgeous ! I love this silhouette image and the papers are lovely :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x

Annie said...

fab card and thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week.
hugs, annie x

Merry said...

This is a lovely card...wonderful girl image.

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles with this beautiful card... so elegant!!

Saskia :)

~amy~ said...

great take on the sketch! Love it! Thanks for playing with us over at Get Sketchy!

Giselle said...

Very lovely card.. that flower at the bottom is so cute..!

Rybiooka said...

Very nice card! I'm impressed!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Great image and your papers are mod and fab!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!

<3,
Steph

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

What a fun card! Love the colors and the layout is FAB! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something!

Janna :)

liszha said...

It's a lovely card. Great stamp!
So glad you joined us at GS this week.
Hugs,
Lisette

debby4000 said...

Adorable cute card, fab image and beautiful colours.
Thanks for joining Simon Says Challenge this week.
luv
Debby

Dora said...

Beautiful card!

papertrails leaver said...

very cool silhouette!

Tip Top said...

Great card! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Crafty Jenn said...

Yippee! Great use of my candy. I like the inked edges and the flower. Great work!