Sunday, September 27, 2009

Dragon card for Ariel


*Digital image is a freebie from Dustin Pike
A few weeks or so ago I followed the Operation Nice Blog Hop and along the way I found the link to a very special site. It is called Make A Child Smile. I have been looking for more ways to do "good" in my life and really want to do some volunteer work. But in the area I live in there is hardly anything to do. I actually called a food pantry and they said they couldn't use my help...already had all the people they needed!! I was surprised that I couldn't do SOMETHING...ANYTHING! So I was so happy to find this website!!! I work at a school and just love kids so reading the stories of the chronically ill children is heartbreaking. There is alot of information on the site and each child has a website that tells their medical situation along with family and likes/dislikes. They ask that you mail a card and if you want a gift is optional (Make sure to read the Do's and Dont's on the site). You don't have to committ to a certain number you can do one and stop. You don't have to spend a certain amount of money or even keep in contact with the family. ANYONE can do this!! I plan on helping as much as I can...right now I am making cards and I already got my husband on board to help. We are going to try and pick up a few gifts to send along with the cards. These kids have been dealt a very difficult life so far and I feel very fortunate I don't have any of these medical problems so the least I could do is MAKE THEM SMILE!! Maybe my contribution will perk up their spirits and brighten their day...that is my hope! And I hope anyone who reads this atleast thinks about giving it a try! Thanks for reading! :)

I am also entering this card into the following challenges:
Digital Ink Co. Challenge D-IC003 What's Cooking? A recipe of 2 designer papers and 3 buttons, brads or eyelets.
Whimsy Stamps Challenge #20 - buttons
Corrosive Challenge #31- Pink and Green

7 Comments:

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Stacie - I can't believe you can fit so many challenges in to one little card! That is AWESOME! I just love Dustin Pike's images and you did him up real nice!! Thanks for playing with us at Digital Ink Co. and Good Luck!!

stitchy said...

Stacie,
What a cute card and what you are doing is very special...God Bless you for puttin a smile on someone's face, makes it all worth while...thank you for doing our challenge at Digital Ink Co..look forward to seeing more of your cards...

Micki said...

What a cute cute card!!!That is a great cause!!! I'll have to check it out. Your card is great!!! thanks for playing along with us this week at Digital-Ink.

dawnmercedes said...

Super sweet!! Thanks for playing the challenge at the Corrosive Challenge blog!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Super cute! Love pink and green and it works great with that cute dragon! Thanks for joining in at Whimsy! :)

Jamie Lane Designs said...

This is really cute, I love that dragon!

Diane (djuseless) said...

I just love Dustin Pike gragons! Great job! Thanks for playing along with CCBJ!