Sunday, September 6, 2009

Card For A Cause



Erin at Scrap, Stamp and Be Merry has posted that her 13 year old neighbor Paige was in a serious boating accident a few weeks ago. Luckily everyone is alive, however, Paige has had to go through numerous surgeries and the doctors had to amputate part of her arm. The article is devastating. My heart goes out to her and the family! They ran out of room in the hospital for flowers and gifts so Erin is asking everyone to make a card to cheer Paige up during this difficult time. So please go check out Erin's website...there is info. about some candy and also how to mail the card to Paige.
Above is the card I made for Paige...I hope the bright cheery colors make her smile!!

I am also entering this into two challenges:
Stampin For The Weekend - colors teal, orange and pink....and I picked the brightest ones possible!! No clue why the teal looks blue in the picture but it is definately not BLUE!

Truly Scrumptious Challenge #15 - Sketch and Indian Summer (I used bright colors)

11 Comments:

Vicki said...

Oh Stacie I'm sure this lovely bright 'n'cheery card will most definately cheer Paige up, such a dreadful thing that has happended to her. I'm sure you will put a smile on her face with this lovely creation. Thank you for playing along with this weeks SFTW colour challenge, you've done a fab job, good luck xx vicki xx

Dawn said...

Gorgeous b right colours - perfect to brighten up any day¬

Thanks for joiningus on TS

dawn

Mina said...

wow I love those bright cheerful colours Stacie, gorgeous...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
Mina xxx

Penni said...

Super card. I'm sure Paige will love it, the bright colours are sure to help cheer her up.

Thank you for joining us at SFTW, Good Luck!

Hugs
Penni
X

Merry said...

What a wonderful bright cheery card. Love that flower in the centre...have you created the rainbow effect?

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Wish I could take credit for the rainbow flower but it is actually a Prima flower from the wildflower/botanical mix. Picked up two containers...I LOVE prima flowers!!

Beth said...

Oh this is such a bright and gorgeous card, I'm definitely sure it'll cheer er up! I love the bold flowers! Thanks for joining in with the TS challenge!

Beth xx

Sharon said...

Wow, I love the bright colours - they would cheer anyone up! Thanks for joining in our challenge at TS.

Merry said...

Hmmm...I like them too, I will have to check them out as I love rainbows.

Vanja said...

Hi Stacie! This is a wonderful card! Fabulous layout and paper. I love those flowers.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW and good luck! :)
Vanja

Di said...

Lovely card love the colours used

Thanks for joining SFTW this week.

Di xxx